Friday, February 1, 2008

Orchids


'Tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes! Or, so says William Wordsworth, but I am inclined to believe him.

For Christmas this year, I potted 2 nice Amaryllis bulbs for our receptionists here in the Knoxville office. When the amaryll
is(es?) were finished blooming, I replaced them with orchids. I gave Kim a white butterfly orchid and I gave Brenda a mauve carnival butterfly orchid (both of which are pictured to the left).

I love orchids, but I'm not su
re I can care for them properly. I know they are complicated to grow correctly, so this will be an experiment and I hope to learn a lot. And, if the orchids don't go so well here in the office, I'll switch them out for something like Tiger Lilies in the summer. If I must be indoors rather than out-of-doors all the time, then I can at least bring a bit of the outdoors in.

No comments: