Monday, December 27, 2010

Dear Diary.....

Well, it's almost the new year and it is cold, windy, and there is still some snow on the ground. Wait a minute....I live in the South!!! Are you kidding me??? This means that I will not be riding until 1) the temps are consistently above freezing, and 2) the mud dries to at least a depth of 2 inches...instead of the current 6 inches in my riding arena. Ughhhh. 
Since I have no pressing engagements, goals, or deadlines, it will give me lots of time to prepare (or, as Eddie would believe: "to plot") and look forward to a productive and exciting 2011. I laid the groundwork for some improvement this past year, so now it's time to take it to the next level, and then (hopefully) GET BACK TO COMPETING.


When I was in high school, I was given a pretty little "Riding Diary" that has about 3 sentences written in it. While I enjoy tradition and do occasionally get nostalgic, I'm going to leave that diary just the way I left it in 1993 and I'll use this blog space instead (on the whole) to log my riding plans, lessons learned, inspirations, and amazing revelations. I've done that a tiny bit this year, after various riding experiences, but I always tried to comment on what had happened or what I was working on and how I was progressing. I now want to also document things I read, hear, and discover that will (hopefully) contribute to me and Eddie's future successes this coming year. So, I will attempt to update this more often and I do intend to have more interesting and important things to say. Unless, of course, that rumor of an upcoming Family Guy theater movie proves true. Then, I'll probably get side-tracked....

No comments: