Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Sarah...Sarah...They've chosen you for the Olympics!!!!"

Ok, well, I posted about Karen yesterday, and now it seems I have caught the Olympic fever. With the first day of the eventing competition taking place on Saturday, August 9th (dressage), I guess I'm getting a little excited to see how everything goes. I'm also way excited that NBC (who has become a great supporter of equestrian events - particularly eventing - in the past few years) has decided to broadcast live streaming video online. They will also archive hours of the competitions for on-demand viewing, as well as provide "behind the scenes" and biographical video footage of many of the competitors. I think that the controversy surrounding my sport at the upper levels, the political, social, and environmental issues surrounding the Beijing games, and the geographical distance of the location has made me less-than-enthusiastic about the competition this year. But, as the time for the events approaches, I am finding myself caught up in that glowing concept of representing your country in the Olympic games.

No comments: