Monday, June 13, 2011

How to Save a Life

Jeremy needs a rescuer now!
__________________________________________________________
UPDATE! I had a friend of mine here in Knoxville offer to foster/adopt Jeremy, but it turns out a foster in Pennsylvania (who is a regular foster for Saving Furry Friends) had offered as well. He will be pulled from the shelter tomorrow morning, vetted, then boarded until he leaves for his new home in a few weeks. I'm so grateful for my friend who had been willing to help out and, more than anything, I'm so glad he has been rescued! Wish we could save them all............
___________________________________________________________
I'm posting this here on my blog in a desperate effort to try and find a foster or adopter for this sweet pointer mix at a shelter in Southwest VA. The rescue who pulls from this shelter is Saving Furry Friends. She has tried so hard for over a week now (getting 2 reprieves from euthanization for him already), but his time is up at 8:00am tomorrow, 6/14, without a foster offer or rescue. If I had thought about it, I would have posted him on here last week, so if he does die in the morning....I will have to take some of the blame. He has been shared on Facebook, several rescue pages, and Saving Furry Friends' web site since last week. And, yet, not ONE person has shown any interest. Even a temporary foster will give him some more time to find a permanent home. Will you be the one to help this guy out?

If you are interested, email savingfurryfriends@yahoo.com and put the name "Jeremy" in the subject line. There has been a veterinary donations fund started for him to cover all initial costs for an adopter or foster. Let's get Jeremy out of the shelter and into a new life!!!

Somebody save me, please!

No comments: