Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holiday movies

Inevitably, Hollywood comes out with some great movies around the holidays, and this December is no exception. I can't wait to see The Golden Compass (as I've read all of the "His Dark Materials" trilogy, as well as Pullman's Sally Lockhart novels). What I really am dying to see, though, is Atonement. I read the book several years ago and thought it was fantastic. Ian McEwan is a wonderful author, and I'm shocked that - although I had every good intention of doing so - I never got around to reading any more of his works. But, Atonement is certainly considered far and wide to be one of his best. I don't remember every detail, so the movie will still hold some surprises for me. I do remember enough of the characters and the plot to keep me connected, so it's a perfect book-to-movie viewing in the making. Plus, Kiera Knightly and James McAvoy are both lovely actors, so I'm sure the movie is sensational. I'll have to get downtown to the new theater here in Knoxville and see it soon!

No comments: