Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Auntie Holly



I love my best friend, Michelle's, two kids: Alden and Chloe. LOVE THEM. Love them like they were my own (because, I can love them like they were my own, but at the end of the day, I can give them back to their rightful handlers and walk blissfully and childlessly away).

I'm working in Wilbur Smith's Lexington, KY office this week, so I get to spend the evenings with Michelle, Jim, Alden, and Chloe. Last night, we had a lovely time eating Asian take-out, playing ball in their backyard, and then working some magic with Lincoln Logs until it was time for me to head to my hotel. I'm going back tonight for more quality time. It just can't be beat. Starting with May Daze last weekend, my productive time so far in the office here, and my evenings with Michelle and Jim and the kids, it's been a great week in Lexington. Yay for Auntie Holly!!!

And, yes, for those of you who know that Alden named his stick horse "Eddie," after Auntie Holly's real horse named "Eddie," that is Alden and "Eddie" in those pictures above. Everybody loves Eddie!

No comments: