Saturday, July 16, 2011

2 Beagles are Better Than 1

Dixie

Liv

UPDATE: I was afraid these two little ones were going to be put down this week and I was going to have to delete this post, since I couldn't bear to scroll down through my blog and see their sweet little faces. However, I just found out they were both taken in by a rescue and are safe and out of the shelter. It's not the rescue I foster for, but if anyone does decide they are interested in possibly adopting one or both of these girls, let me know and I will be happy to find out who is fostering them!

These two little girls, Liv and Dixie, were picked up by animal control in Southwest VA/Northeast TN as strays this past week. They appear to be about 2 years old and are both less than 20 pounds and are very good with people and other dogs. A rescue I foster for, Saving Furry Friends, is trying to find an adopter or foster for them so she can pull them from the shelter. Since they came in as sidekicks, I think it would be ideal to re-home them together, but any rescue offer would be greatly appreciated. These pooches are too sweet and lively to let life end for them so young!

Potential fosters or adopters can contact SFF at savingfurryfriends@yahoo.com. Put the names "Liv" and "Dixie" in the subject line of the email so they know which dog(s) you are inquiring about. They will be vetted, vacc'd, and spayed before going on to their new homes, so if you can't adopt but might like to help, offers for vet sponsoring are also very welcome!

No comments: