Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Guilty pleasure...

Besides shoes and horses, I have a terrible weakness for books. I have all kinds of books (following my years as a graduate student in English literature and my time as a college lecturer, most of them are well-worn, used books) and I regularly feed my literary appetite at the local Borders. My real bad habit is new hardback books. When did books get so ridiculously expensive? A new hardback is $30? Well, anyway, Erika and David and I took a trip to Borders in West Knoxville this morning to buy some reference books for work. While Erika and David bought reference books for work, I bought books for myself. One of the books I purchased is titled You Know Your Life is a Soap Opera If.... It's great! Even though some of my life certainly applies (drama!), I'm happy to be able to laugh at a number of the scenerios given, and not cringe nervously at their resemblence to my own personal saga.

As of right now, my favorite quotation is: "You know your life is a soap opera if...you walk into a room and someone announces that the role of (insert your name) will be played by...".

No comments: