Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Robin the rich to feed the poor


I totally admit that I am a shameless Anglophile. There is nothing wrong with that. England has given us Badminton Horse Trials, Burghley Horse Trials, Virginia Leng, Lucinda Green, William Fox-Pitt, Prince William, Range Rover, Elton John, Absolutely Fabulous, Coldplay, and -- need I even mention -- the great and glorious Mr. David Beckham. So, it stands to reason that one of my most favorite television channels is BBC America. Good stuff.

My latest BeebAm addiction is the new series of
Robin Hood. Fun and interesting story lines that stay true to the legend: there is a hero, a few villains, a heroine, and lots of cute boys galloping through the woods on horseback wielding swords and shooting arrows. Again...good stuff. Jonas Armstrong is crazy cute (I'm way in-love; it's got to be his rugged outdoorsy scruffiness that I find so sweet and appealing), plus he's got the most adorable accent. It's all there, on my t.v., every Saturday night at 9pm. Check it out sometime! You won't be disappointed. Unless you're hoping to see some Errol Flynn-esque "men in tights" nonsense. Then, yes, you will be disappointed. :)

No comments: