Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Check me out, bitches!!!

I love, love, love this man. Adorable. :)

"The bus is bumping and trundling towards Vegas for tonight’s show. With cactus filled desert leading to vast mountain ranges on either side of the bus it’s hard not to feel minuscule. There’s a strange and eerie sense of history too in the intolerant landscape. It’s not like I can empathise with the hardships faced by the Native Americans or even the pioneers (we’re in an air-conditioned tour bus with two TVs, beds and a flushing toilet) but this terrain hasn’t really changed in eons, if you overlook the road we’re on and the stoic ugliness of the telegraph pylons. It’s incredible to think of folk braving this snake and scorpion filled blast furnace on horseback, rickety wagon or indeed foot. Not that I’m offering to get out and walk in some misguided pursuit of the past. For that part of history the books will do just fine for me."

No comments: