Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Vintage Wes

For those of you reading this who have never seen the movie Bottle Rocket, then there's a very good reason why we are no longer friends.


I have been hooked on the Wes Anderson/Wilson brothers roller coaster since I saw that first film back in 1996.
Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaum's were worthy follow-ups, but nothing like that debut effort. I was flat-out disappointed by The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (although the Family Guy episode the title inspired, The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou, is a favorite of mine, without a doubt). Nevertheless, I never even finished watching that movie all the way through. However, I am very excited about the new movie coming out in New York this weekend. It seems they have gone back to the basics of what makes a Wes Anderson film so phenomenal (plus, the added bonus of Jason Schwartzman as a writer as well as an actor seems like a good move), and with Adrien Brody...how could you go wrong?

I'm looking forward to seeing this when it comes to Knoxville, and need I even say how excited I'll be to see the subsequent Family Guy episode,
The Quahog Limited. Good stuff, to be sure.

No comments: