Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chiro

I need to get my horse, Eddie, adjusted by the equine chiropracter at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. We have a competition coming up at the end of this month, and he needs some chiro work done, as he's really stiff and unbalanced on the right side. I'm taking him for his appointment next Monday afternoon, which will give him some time to settle before he's put back into work or out at the competition. I've never had him worked on, but my sister has her horse adjusted periodically, so she really believes in it improving her horse's movement, overall health, and general way of going. I want Eddie to be as comfortable and happy as possible, since I'm really wanting to make a good run of it at Tryon. We've competed there before, had a great time, and Eddie is doing really well right now. I don't want to go to a competition this time and just "finish" or be happy to "not fall off." I'm ready to go and be competitive and see where I end up. Eddie has the ability to win a horse trial if we could really get a great dressage score, so I want him to be as fixed and flexible as possible, in order to see what we're capable of. I'm in this for fun, but before we move up to Novice, I want to be really competitive at the Beginner Novice level so that I feel as if, "Ok, I need to just move up already." When I get Eddie in to UT, I'll take some pictures while we're over there. He's going to be like, "Oh goodness, Holly. What are you having done to me now?" Good old Eddie.

No comments: