Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tryon re-cap

Special Ed and I are back from our latest horse trial and a fun-filled weekend in Tryon, NC. No, unfortunately, that is not us in that picture to the left, although it does deceptively look very much like us, right? That is Zara Phillips and Toytown winning the gold medal at the World Equestrian Games last summer. It's easy to confuse them with me and Eddie. :)

I rode like CRAP all weekend, but Eddie was so good!! I don't think I've ever competed in such hot weather, and I was very worried about Eddie (as we weren't nearly prepared for this competition and we are both in wretched shape), but my little guy pulled through like a real trooper, and lo and behold...we finished in 4th place. So, on to our next challenge (MTPC in Nashville in October) and then a move-up to the next level in Lexington!

No comments: