Friday, April 15, 2011

If I'd Found the Right Words to Say

Yay! Another post titled after a Snow Patrol song.....except this time? It is a Snow Patrol kinda blog entry. 

The other night, I dreamt that I saw Gary Lightbody at a gas station in Western North Carolina, somewhere around Asheville (don't ask me how I know this or where that came from). He was filling up an older model SUV (maybe a Nissan Pathfinder?) and he was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. I have no clue how I recognized him, as it seems that in all reality -- though I know and believe he is truly fabulous -- he would have appeared to anybody else to be just your average artsy, scruffy slacker. When I realized who it was, naturally I made a spontaneous and ill-advised plan to say something to him. He's great, and he'd want to know that.....right? Anyhoo, I somehow got his attention (waving to him from my gas pump, I think?) and when he saw me, I froze and awkwardly blurted out: "Um....I love Snow Patrol!!" He sort of stared at me like a deer in the headlights, then he mumbled, "Yeh, thanks," and got in his car. I woke up not long after this and was mortified, yet ecstatic to realize this HAD NOT REALLY HAPPENED and it had only been a dream. As I foggily replayed the little incident over and over in my mind, I laughed and thought to myself, "Yep, that seems about right."

So, let's all hope that I never randomly encounter GL at a gas station in Western North Carolina (or, a gas station anywhere, really). The world will be a far, far better place if that just never happens. 

No comments: