Friday, April 1, 2011

MmmmMarch Madness


Now THIS is my kind of bracket battle! I love Garden and Gun magazine. Love, love, love it. I have since they published their very first issue and I will die a little inside the day they decide to close-up shop (*knock on wood* this won't be for a very long time to come!). Since I live in Knoxville and I am an alumnus of the University of Tennessee, men's basketball is a sore subject 'round here these days. Thus, I have really enjoyed following this Southern food bracket. I have eagerly watched these match-ups and have been right on almost all counts (although I was sorely disappointed to see Chicken Pot Pie beat out Chicken Fried Steak in the first round). Fried Chicken and Southern Ham Biscuits was probably a close one, but I new that FC would ultimately prevail. FC and Pulled Pork BBQ will be a big one and I don't know what I'll do if Pecan Pie beats out Shrimp and Grits. I'm thinking it will be a FC/PP final match-up, though, and I say "Go Pie Go!"  Yep.....I'm pullin' for the pie. 

And, I guess if I do have to pick a real team to win the NCAA championship, I'll admit I'm rooting for VCU. My little sister did graduate from there, afterall!

No comments: